Phillip Hisey, Commercial Landscape Superintendent at On Top of the World Communities “waters thousands of lawns with science”.
Water Efficiency at On Top of the World
At On Top of the World, water efficiency is a very important issue. We are committed to providing a water-efficient home for our residents that will have less impact on our environment. We have artfully crafted features that help to enhance water saving like adding beautiful native plants to our landscapes that require less water and low-flow toilets and showerheads that reduce the amount of water used plus so much more!
We also participate in the Florida Water StarSM program, which is voluntary and ensures that each of our homes have the best water saving features available. Florida Water StarSM is part of the FHBA Certified Ratings Program administered by Triconic LLC. This is exciting because Triconic’s team of professionals is taking Florida Water StarSM to the next level as it expands.
Featured in Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association
Featured in Florida Turf Digest
Phillip Hisey, Commercial Landscape Superintendent at On Top of the World Communities talks about the benefits of the Florida Water StarSM program and it’s positive impact for homeowner’s at On Top of the World Communities in the latest issue of Florida Turf Digest.
Indoor Water Efficiency
Florida Water StarSM homes are independently inspected to ensure water-saving appliances and fixtures exceed current Florida state code requirements. Savings estimates are as follows:
- High-Efficiency Clothes Washer — Annual Dollars Saved $180 and Annual Water Saved 3,000 gals
- High-Efficiency Dishwasher — Annual Dollars Saved $35 and Annual Water Saved 160 gals
- High-Efficiency Toilets — Annual Dollars Saved $9.70 and Annual Water Saved 1,200 gals
- High-Efficiency Showerheads — Annual Dollars Saved $42 and Annual Water Saved 1,800 gals
- High-Efficiency Faucets — Annual Dollars Saved $10 and Annual Water Saved 400 gals
Indoor monetary savings include both water and energy savings estimates.
Irrigation Water Efficiency
Below are just a few water-saving features incorporated into Florida Water StarSM homes that have permanent irrigation systems.
- Check Valves — Eliminates water draining at heads after the system is turned off.
- Micro-Irrigation — Delivers water right at the base of plants, allowing for effective irrigation while using less water.
- Pressure-Regulated Heads — Ensures the water flowing from the sprinkler head is at the optimal pressure, providing better irrigation coverage while using less water.
Landscape Water Efficiency
Selecting the right plant or the right place reduces water, fertilizer and pesticide needed for a beautiful landscape. On Top of the World’s landscape superintendent carefully selects plants that thrive in Ocala’s climate. Some of the draught tolerant plants we install include:
- Muhly Grass (Muhlenbergia Capillaris) — Moisture range is dry to wet and light range is full to partial sun
- Walter’s Viburnum (Viburnum Obovatum) — Moisture range is dry to wet and light range is full to partial sun
- Eastern Redbuds (Cercis Canadensis) — Moisture range is dry to moist and light range is full to partial sun
- Coontie (Zamia Pumila) — Moisture range is dry to moist and light range is full to shade
- Saves you an estimated $530 on your utility bills
- Brings you peace of mind because your home has undergone more inspections than typical homes
- Sustains our water resources by using an estimated 48,291 gallons of water annually less than typical homes
- Offers enduring quality through landscape designs and irrigation systems that work together for superior performance
WATER CONSERVATION = INDOOR & OUTDOOR SAVINGS FOR YOU
In Savings on Your Utility
Peace of Mind
Your Home has Undergone More Inspections Than Typical Homes
Gallons of Water Saved Annually
Your Landscape Design & Irrigation System Work Together for Superior Performance
With unmatched amenities, On Top of the World Communities is the leader of 55+ recreational activities in retirement communities in Florida, in both quantity and quality.
Each new home at On Top of the World Communities is built with quality, steel reinforced, concrete block construction using superior materials and brands for better energy efficiency.
As the premier 55+ active adult retirement community in Florida, On Top of the World Communities is an award-winning, family owned, debt-free company founded in 1947.