Private R/C Airplane Flying Field at On Top of the World
Private R/C Airplane Flying Field, Drone Course and R/C Car Race Track
When it comes to communities with RC airplanes, On Top of the World is it. As the leader in 55+ amenities and recreational activities in Florida, R/C flying enthusiasts who call On Top of the World home, will enjoy our private R/C flying field. The field has a 600′ x 50′ foot asphalt runway and an adjacent 600′ x 50′ grass runway, and a large pavilion where spectators can comfortably watch the action and enjoy the beautiful and scenic pastoral view.
Founded by seven OTOW residents more than 20 years ago, the R/C Flyers Club has become one of the nation’s largest model-aircraft groups with more than 170 members.
Affiliated with the International Miniature Aircraft Association (IMAA) and the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), the airfield has FAA-Recognized Identification Area (FRIA) status, permitting flight without the need for Remote ID equipment.
The On Top of the World R/C Flyers Club has drawn model-aircraft enthusiasts from across the country to live at On Top of the World Communities. The reasons are clear:
- Expanded-garage homes for your R/C hobby
- Most members build and fly their own aircraft
- 600′ x 50′ foot asphalt runway
- Adjacent 600′ x 50′ foot grass runway
- Permanent observation pavilion for flyers, guests and spectators
- A spring and fall open fly-in (no turbine engines)
- Monthly meetings with education programs focusing on scientific and technical advances in the field of model aircraft
- Complete flight-training program for new flyers
- Monthly organized airplanes specific/fun fly events
- Annual Christmas party and frequent cookouts for members and their families
The R/C flying field is open daily to members of the R/C Flyers Club. The club organizes special events at the field such as regional fly-ins which welcome 100’s of enthusiasts and experts from everywhere. The club also provides flight-training for new flyers. The R/C flying field is managed by the R/C Flyers Club.