Ocala, FL – On Top of the World, in collaboration with the Marion County Emergency Management Department and the Florida National Guard, has received 3500 Pfizer COVID 19 vaccinations.
Governor DeSantis has issued an executive order 21-47 expanding COVID-19 vaccinations in Florida to; long-term care facility residents and staff, persons 65 years of age or older, health care personnel with direct patient contact, K-12 school employees 50 years of age or older, and firefighters 50 years of age or older.
As a result of reaching out to Rep. Harding and Senator Baxley, On Top of the World Communities was contacted by a State Emergency Management representative who set up logistics through their Region 3 Tactical Branch. “On Top of the World Communities is proud to be involved in Ocala/Marion County’s aid to combat COVID,” says Circle Square Cultural Center, General Manager, Jo Layman. “We are committed to assisting in every way possible to bring the vaccine to all eligible citizens.”
Master the Possibilities, Not-For-Profit Lifelong Learning Center, under the leadership of Michelle Shiedler, is handling all appointments, and Circle Square Cultural Center under Jo Layman, graciously provided a testing location.
Eligible vaccine recipients can call 352-479-3105 to make an appointment Tuesday through Thursday from 9 am to 4 pm. If you receive a busy signal, please keep trying. The second follow-up appointment will be scheduled at the same time. Vaccines will be administered on March 5, 6, 7, 2021, and the second appointment will be on March 25, 26, 27, 2021.
The Marion County Health Department and Marion County Sheriff’s Office Emergency Management Team will assist with backfilling any appointments, so no vaccines go to waste.
Important items to note:
- You must have an appointment to get a vaccine, or you will be turned away.
- The Incident Management Team (IMT), per State guidelines, cannot administer the vaccine to anyone prescribed an EpiPen, nor can it administer the vaccine to anyone not covered by Executive Order 21-47 and listed above.
- Per DOH guidelines, if you are sick with COVID-19, do not get the vaccine.
- If you have had the first dose elsewhere, do not book an appointment.
- If you have a scheduled appointment through DOH, please do not book an appointment here.
- Vaccines will be given at the Circle Square Cultural Center Portico Vehicle Drive Through located at 8395 SW 80th St., Ocala, FL 34481, March 5, 6, and 7 by appointment only. Follow the signs.
- You will be required to have a photo ID to verify identity and age at the time of visit. Masks are required to be worn at all times during your appointment.
- PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE MORE THAN 15 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT OR YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY.
- Golf carts are not allowed.
- To expedite the vaccination process, please print out the following form and bring it with you. Please fill it out to the best of your ability. Vaccine Screening and Consent Form
For the most up to date information on Florida vaccine resources, please visit: floridahealthcovid19.gov/covid-19-vaccines-in-florida
Click here to download a PDF of this press release.