What is Fitness on Demand (FOD) and How Do I Use It?
Fitness at Your Fingertips!
Residents recently joined Group Fitness Supervisor Jessica Pinkowski for a tutorial on Fitness On Demand (FOD). She explained how easy it is to access hundreds of workouts, and literally have “fitness at your fingertips” whenever you choose! FOD is a huge advantage residents of On Top of the World have!
So what is Fitness on Demand?
FOD is a virtual training platform that provides residents with hundreds of fitness videos. FOD is available at the Arbor Fitness Center and Indigo East Fitness Center. There are live classes at the Arbor Fitness Center Monday through Friday from 9 to 11 a.m., other than those times, you are welcome to use the room for FOD at your convenience!
FOD even has videos specific to active aging. Currently there are ten World Class Active Aging videos available on FOD; choose from “Walk Fit,” “Dance Fit,” “Step Fit,” “Box Fit,” “Muscle Fit,” “Stretch Fit” and “Strong and Steady.” OTOW is currently in the production process of 10 new World Class Active Aging videos.
The Arbor Fitness Center is currently running a Fitness On Demand challenge; it is not too late to join. Simply stop by the Arbor Fitness Center desk to register, try out an FOD video and get a prize! For more information, please call (352) 854-8707 ext. 7638.
- Is it easy to operate the FOD system?
- Yes! Simply use the FOD, iPad kiosk to review all the available videos and then push “play” to start the video of your choice. The fitness video will start playing immediately on the TV screen inside the group fitness room. The fitness attendants are available to assist you with this.
- When is FOD available?
- FOD is available anytime the Arbor Fitness Center is open with the exception of our instructor-led classes on Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to noon.
If someone is using FOD, can I join his or her workout, or do I have to wait until they have completed their workout?
If FOD is in use and the workout is something you are interested in, feel free to join in the fun! If not, put yourself on the wait list. When the current FOD session is finished, you can select a new video.
- Does FOD offer any videos specific to older adult fitness?
- Yes! On Top of the World Communities has their own channel on FOD – World Class Active Aging. These videos are specific to the needs of our residents and created just for you!