When it comes to communities with RC airplanes, On Top of the World is it. As the leader in 55+ amenities and recreational activities in Florida, R/C flying enthusiasts who call On Top of the World home, will enjoy our private R/C flying field. It is a 14-acre site with a 600′ x 150′ foot grass runway and a large pavilion where spectators can comfortably watch the action and enjoy the beautiful and scenic pastoral view.
Founded by seven OTOW residents more than 20 years ago, the R/C Flyers Club has become one of the nation’s largest model-aircraft groups with more than 100 members.
Affiliated with the International Miniature Aircraft Association (IMAA) and the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), the R/C Flyers Club has drawn model-aircraft enthusiasts from across the country to live at On Top of the World Communities. The reasons are clear:
- Expanded-garage homes for your R/C hobby
- Most members build and fly their own aircraft
- A 14-acre flying field with a 150-by-600-foot grass runway
- Permanent observation pavilion for flyers, guests and spectators
- A fall invitational fly-in
- Monthly meetings with education programs focusing on scientific and technical advances in the field of model aircraft
- Complete flight-training program for new flyers
- A spring time giant-scale IMAA event for bi-planes with wingspans of 60 inches or more, and mono planes with at least 80-inch wingspans
- Competitions for warbirds, experimental civilian and aerobatic aircraft
- Annual Christmas party for members and their families
The R/C flying field is open daily to members of the R/C Flyers Club. The club organizes special events at the field such as regional fly-ins which welcome 100’s of enthusiasts and experts from everywhere. The club also provides flight-training for new flyers. The R/C flying field is managed by the R/C Flyers Club.