In Ocala, Florida On Top of the World Communities is an award winning family owned building and land development company that has been making new home dreams come true for over 65 years for over 50,000 home buyers. The management team has a combined experience of 100 years and today On Top of the World remains the oldest, privately-owned, debt-free land developer in the State of Florida. As the active adult experts, we continue to provide well-built, intimate, quiet, amenity rich communities for lots of enjoyment.
REAL ESTATE SALES: FULL TIME
New Home Sales & Resale’s: Associates must be knowledgeable in the documents process needed for sales and closings. Business Communication skills, both written and verbal, are expected. Five years of sales experience and a current Florida Real Estate License is preferred. Sales Associate must be in compliance with the continuing education mandates as required by FREC.
CONSTRUCTION FULL TIME
- Superintendent: Multiple residential home construction experiences are a must.
Directs activities of field supervision and coordinates all aspects relating to the construction of residential, light commercial and other construction projects. Directly supervises employees, contractors, and vendors involved in project. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance of subcontractors; addressing complaints and resolving problems
SALES DEPARTMENT: FULL TIME
Receptionist: Excellent customer service skills a must. Candidate must have great office and time management skills. Provide troubleshooting assistance to customer orders, account statuses and relevant problems.
- Maintain safe and clean reception areas by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintain documents and logs as define by procedures.
- Monitor and direct visitors/traffic entering the office by utilizing office procedure defined.
- Inform and report any incident or accident to the leadership.
- Responsible with compliance with legal requirements and company policies and directives.
- Perform other duties as necessary. Use of micro soft word, power point, excels and outlook software to prepare reports, memos and documents.
- Schedule and attend various meetings to include set up, execution and presentations as needed.
- Create/update presentation for meetings.
- Sort incoming mail, files and lead for distribution for the appropriate person.
- Prepare and send outgoing memos, email, meeting notices and set agendas.
- Forwarding incoming general emails to the appropriate staff member.
- Forward voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member.
- Order and maintain office supplies ensuring that basic office supplies are always available.
- Code and file material according to the established procedures.
- Private admin support to management and other sta
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
- Bilingual is a plus but not required.
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE: Full Time Positions
- Facility Maintenance Team Member: HVAC experience is required also, experienced in Building Maintenance and Event Set-up, Light carpentry and must be able to work independently and must have valid Florida Driver’s license. Ability to read and understand written directions. Safe work practices. Experienced swimming pool maintenance, Pressure Cleaning and ability to work out doors in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time.
CABLE INSTALLER/TECHNICIAN FULL TIME
The following bullets detail the primary functions of this position and its scope of responsibility but, should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance workload.
Install cable service as instructed. This may include burying or repairing drops, running new cabling. Checking coax and Ethernet cabling for damage and correct termination. May be required to work various shifts and may be required to function on a 24-hour basis in the event of outages or serious service problems. Learn full use of signal level meter, volt/ohm meter, cable locator, time domain reflect meter sweep/analyzer and other electronic test equipment.
- Work to gain a full understanding of amplifiers, power supplies and 60/90 volt powering.
- Calculate and measure signal to noise, carrier-to-composite triple beat, CPD and cross modulation.
- Sweep plant to in-house specifications, forward and return.
- Know reverse specifications, understand and troubleshoot return problems and set up return.
- Understand temperature effects on cable and be able to compute changes in attenuation due to same.
- Must demonstrate competency in splicing of coax (RG6, RG11 and 625).
- Will serve as a technical resource for staff, general public and/or local businesses on all cable television electronic equipment.
- Will perform standby duty and after-hour projects as needed. Will sweep, test and inventory new cable as needed.
GOLF COURSE MAINTENANCE: FULL TIME
- Golf Course Equipment Operators: The Operator provides the mowing, and other machine operated equipment uses for golf course playability and professional appearance. This position is responsible for the professional appearance of the On Top of the World golf courses. This position requires attention to detail and care for turf health. Must be able to lift 25 pounds; exposure to all weather conditions (Extreme Heat).
- Experienced: ** Irrigation Technicians ** **Spray Technicians**
GROUNDS MAINTENANCE: FULL TIME
- General Residential Lawn Maintenance: The Residential Grounds Maintenance Team Member provides general grounds maintenance for the residents of the On Top of the World Communities. This position is responsible for the professional appearance of the On Top of the World Communities. Must lift 25 pounds, use landscaping tools for extended periods of time; exposure to all weather conditions (Extreme Heat).
- Experienced: ** Irrigation Technicians ** Tree Trimmers **Crew Leader **Spray Technicians**
SPRAY TECHNICIANS: Full & Part Time Positions
Grounds Maintenance, Golf Course Maintenance & Sustainable Lawn Maintenance (SLM):
- Oversee fertilization and pest control of shrubbery, lawns and landscaped areas.
- License is not required although there are some positions that may need an active pesticide license and some may need 3-5 yrs. verifiable experience in a large scale Residential/Golf course property.
- A valid Florida Driver’s License is required.
HOSPITALITY : FULL TIME & PART TIME
- Servers: Provides food and beverage service to residents and guests and provides quality service which enhances the customers’ experience.
RANCH FITNESS CENTER & SPA: Part-Time Positions Hair Stylist: Nail Tech: Cosmetologist: State of Florida license is required. Understands and practices universal precautions when providing services. Able to assess client’s contraindications which may limit or prevent services taking place. Maintains all certificates based on services offered and provided.
*The above listed positions are responsible for providing clientele with professional service, recommendations, and treatments of the highest caliber in keeping with established standards.
Directions for Application in Person:
If you wish to apply in person, please visit the On Top of the World Human Resources Department, 9860 SW 84th Court, Suite E, Ocala, Florida 34481.
Approximately 6.5 miles west of I-75 on SR 200 (exit 350), turn north (right) onto SW 99th St. Rd. Then turn west (left) on SW 84th Ct. Turn north (right) into the Friendship Commons parking lot. The Human Resources office is located in 9860, Suite E.
Fill out the online application below.
Once complete, click “Send Application.”