In Ocala, Florida On Top of the World Communities is an award winning family owned building and land development company that has been making new home dreams come true for over 65 years for over 50,000 home buyers. The management team has a combined experience of 100 years and today On Top of the World remains the oldest, privately-owned, debt-free land developer in the State of Florida. As the active adult experts, we continue to provide well-built, intimate, quiet, amenity rich communities for lots of enjoyment.
REAL ESTATE SALES:
New Home Sales & Resale’s: Associates must be knowledgeable in the documents process needed for sales and closings. Business Communication skills, both written and verbal, are expected. Five years of sales experience and a current Florida Real Estate License is preferred. Sales Associate must be in compliance with the continuing education mandates as required by FREC. Full Time Positions
IT Full Time Position
Desktop Support Technician: Seeking a Desktop Support Technician. Responsibilities include providing tier 1 support to the end users installing/uninstalling software, trouble-shooting software/hardware issues and upgrading computers remotely and locally. When issuing new equipment to a user or recovering old equipment from a user, the technician is required to maintain inventory control paperwork.
Specific Responsibilities: • Performs installation and maintenance of desktop/laptop computer systems and associated software and peripheral devices (Fax, printer, phone, and monitors) which requires the ability to lift over 50lbs over the head. • Must possess expertise in Microsoft Windows 7 and working knowledge of Windows 8/10
• Installation of new equipment to fulfill IT requirements for individual users. Must be able to install, uninstall and troubleshoot Microsoft and other desktop applications. Must be able to install, uninstall and troubleshoot peripheral devices such as direct and network printers, scanners, voice over IP telephones, cell phones, fax machines, etc.
• Assist customers in the setup and configuration of computer hardware and software
• Perform scheduled hardware and software upgrades.• Update operating systems with correct drivers.
• Working knowledge of basic networking.• Must possess excellent customer relation skills.
• Must be able to follow directions and solve difficult problems with little outside input.
• Must be able to work unsupervised, perform tasks assigned and interact with customers.
• Must be physically fit to carry computer equipment to include desktop/laptop computers, monitors, printers, scanners and other peripheral equipment between locations.
• Working knowledge of mobile computing devices (iPhone, iPad, PC tablets).
CONSTRUCTION FULL TIME
- Superintendent: Multiple residential home construction experiences are a must.
Directs activities of field supervision and coordinates all aspects relating to the construction of residential, light commercial and other construction projects. Directly supervises employees, contractors, and vendors involved in project. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance of subcontractors; addressing complaints and resolving problems
CABLE INSTALLER/TECHNICIAN FULL TIME The following bullets detail the primary functions of this position and its scope of responsibility but, should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance workload.
- Install cable service as instructed. This may include burying or repairing drops, running new cabling. Checking coax and Ethernet cabling for damage and correct termination.
- May be required to work various shifts and may be required to function on a 24-hour basis in the event of outages or serious service problems.
- Learn full use of signal level meter, volt/ohm meter, cable locator, time domain reflect meter sweep/analyzer and other electronic test equipment.
- Work to gain a full understanding of amplifiers, power supplies and 60/90 volt powering.
- Calculate and measure signal to noise, carrier-to-composite triple beat, CPD and cross modulation.
- Sweep plant to in-house specifications, forward and return.
- Know reverse specifications, understand and troubleshoot return problems and set up return.
- Understand temperature effects on cable and be able to compute changes in attenuation due to same.
- Must demonstrate competency in splicing of coax (RG6, RG11 and 625).
- Will serve as a technical resource for staff, general public and/or local businesses on all cable television electronic equipment.
- Will perform standby duty and after-hour projects as needed. Will sweep, test and inventory new cable as needed.
GOLF COURSE MAINTENANCE Full Time Positions
Golf Course Equipment Operators: The Operator provides the mowing, and other machine operated equipment uses for golf course playability and professional appearance. This position is responsible for the professional appearance of the On Top of the World golf courses. This position requires attention to detail and care for turf health. Must be able to lift 25 pounds; exposure to all weather conditions (Extreme Heat).
Experienced: ** Irrigation Technicians ** **Spray Technicians**
GROUNDS MAINTENANCE: Full Time Positions
General Residential Lawn Maintenance: The Residential Grounds Maintenance Team Member provides general grounds maintenance for the residents of the On Top of the World Communities. This position is responsible for the professional appearance of the On Top of the World Communities. Must lift 25 pounds, use landscaping tools for extended periods of time; exposure to all weather conditions (Extreme Heat).
Experienced: ** Irrigation Technicians ** Tree Trimmers **Crew Leader **Spray Technicians**
SPRAY TECHNICIANS: Full & Part Time Positions
Grounds Maintenance, Golf Course Maintenance & Sustainable Lawn Maintenance (SLM):
- Oversee fertilization and pest control of shrubbery, lawns and landscaped areas.
- License is not required although there are some positions that may need an active pesticide license and some may need 3-5 yrs. verifiable experience in a large scale Residential/Golf course property.
- A valid Florida Driver’s License is required.
Hospitality: Full Time and Part-Time Positions
- Servers: Provides food and beverage service to residents and guests and provides quality service which enhances the customers’ experience.
RANCH FITNESS CENTER & SPA: Part-Time Positions Hair Stylist: Nail Tech: Cosmetologist: State of Florida license is required. Understands and practices universal precautions when providing services. Able to assess client’s contraindications which may limit or prevent services taking place. Maintains all certificates based on services offered and provided.
*The above listed positions are responsible for providing clientele with professional service, recommendations, and treatments of the highest caliber in keeping with established standards.
Directions for Application in Person:
If you wish to apply in person, please visit the On Top of the World Human Resources Department, 9860 SW 84th Court, Suite E, Ocala, Florida 34481.
Approximately 6.5 miles west of I-75 on SR 200 (exit 350), turn north (right) onto SW 99th St. Rd. Then turn west (left) on SW 84th Ct. Turn north (right) into the Friendship Commons parking lot. The Human Resources office is located in 9860, Suite E.
Fill out the online application below.
Once complete, click “Send Application.”